Before I became a lawyer I worked in sales at the Dallas CBS Station Group for almost seven years. Much of my career focused on new business development, affording me the opportunity to work directly with business owners. As a twenty-something old female working primarily with business owners I had to learn to value my […]
Have you heard the saying if it sounds too good to be true then it ...
It is hard to believe my one-year anniversary as a lawyer was over five months ...
Young lawyers are often told by mentors, partners, senior associates, and recruiters that building a ...
I often hear ”lawyers think like lawyers” and do not understand the business world – in other words, ...
Congratulations to all the new attorneys who passed the July 2010 Bar. Now that you are ...
When I began my legal career I anticipated that all lawyers, or at least the ones with a license to practice, would be competent and professional. Reality check – some lawyers toe the line of competency and professionalism quite well. Yet, even those who push the line of bad lawyering have provided me with valuable […]
In law school, the lawyers I was fortunate to get to know were all helpful, ethical, and professional. Thus, you can understand why I was stunned when my initial conversation with an opposing counsel began with attacking my client and my ability as a lawyer, and ended with screaming at me. I thought this was an anomaly but a few […]
Do you have a personal ”Advisory Board?” First, what does that mean? A personal Advisory Board refers to the relationships you have developed with people who act as resources to assist, guide, and advise you on certain matters, such as potential job opportunities or interpreting certain areas of law. I wish I could take credit for coining the term, but […]
Lené Alley DeRudder is a licensed attorney in Texas. She graduated from Texas Wesleyan University School of Law in December 2009. Prior to law school, Lene' worked for two years in political media consulting and over six years in sales and marketing for the Dallas CBS Station Group.
- Beyond Your Law Degree: Do You Have the Clients You Want? 22. Feb, 2011
- CLE With Nationally Recognized Legal Business and Career Development Coach, Cordell Parvin 05. Sep, 2010
- The Job Market Is Tough, But What Are You Doing to Distinguish Yourself from the Competition? 22. Jun, 2010
- It is NOT that BAD 20. May, 2010
- Essential Soft-Skills for Law Practice: Value, Confidence, and Thick Skin. 23. Oct, 2014
- Even Moments of Bad Lawyering Can Provide Value to A Young Lawyer 29. Jan, 2012
- If It Sounds Too Good To Be True… 08. Dec, 2011
- Six Lessons From My First Year of Law Practice 18. Oct, 2011